Sunday, December 15, 2013

Test of the Photo Cube

I finally pulled the trigger on getting a table top photography cube. Nothing elaborate, just enough to do what I need it for. A small 16 inch photography cube with 2 lights, tripod, and for background color sheets.

Below are a few that came out OK, but not quite what I’m looking for.

DSC_0006 (1)
DSC_0013 (1) DSC_0019 (1)

The first one came out the best, but still isn’t there yet. I need to set a larger aperture to get the whole subject in focus and I know, I need to iron out the creases in the backdrop.

Once the wife starts making her embroidery to sell, I’ll see if this particular setup will do what I need it to do, but for now, it’s a start.
Below is the photography cube I got. It’s nothing special at all, but it was cheap enough to get started with.

photocube

I do know (now) that I need another light from above, but I can rig up boom-lighting when needed.

Next thing I/we need is something to display the embroidery on. I just bought a bracelet display, but it’s not what I originally wanted, an actual hand/wrist/arm display, but couldn’t find it on Amazon.

The Bracelet display:
bracelet display 

Oh well, maybe I’ll run across it later. I also need a display bust for necklaces, but that also will wait until after Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment