Thursday, December 19, 2013

Paracord Bracelets

I’ve been doing paracord bracelets for a couple weeks now because I wanted one for myself, so I started learning how to make them and getting my paracord and buckles from Amazon.

paracord(small)

I barely remember any of my marlin-spike (rope tying) from the navy so I went on YouTube and found a couple of good videos on doing the paracord bracelets using the cobra knot.

In a few of the videos, they were saying that you need 1 foot of paracord for every 1 inch of bracelet.
That is Totally wrong!

Today I did a Blue and Gold (Navy colors) bracelet. I have a scrap piece of corrugated board with marks at 6 inches and at 12 inches – I also have marks at 8, 8-1/4, 8-1/2, 8-3/4, 9, 9-1/4 and 9-1/2 inches for measuring the bracelets – so I pulled 9 feet of blue and gold paracord, fused the two ends together and slipped it through the female end of the buckle and anchored it with a loop-knot and started the cobra knots toward the male end.
When I finished, I had 5 feet of paracord left over – both colors.

Blue and Gold Paracord Bracelet

Next time, I’ll only pull 5 feet and see what that leaves at the end. I should have just under a foot left over.

No comments:

Post a Comment