Friday, April 4, 2014

Bye Bye Ferox

So, I stopped by a park today to sit and drink my coffee and chill for a bit.

I put my backpack on the picnic table, took out my pocket camera just to click off a few pictures.

I didn’t venture far from the table with my backpack and just walked around snapping a picture here and there.

04-04-2014_085051_0204-04-2014_085132_0504-04-2014_085542_1404-04-2014_085531_15

I returned to the table, sat down and started checking Google+ and Facebook (mostly Google+). For some reason, I removed my Maxpedition Ferox from the backpack’s molle webbing to do something, which I cannot remember what I was using it for.

my_maxp_ferox

I remember folding up and setting it on the table and that’s the last time I remember seeing it.
I was posting back and forth with a friend on G+ and got distracted while packing up the camera and stuff.
I grabbed my coffee and backpack but I don’t remember picking up the knife…

Oh well.. It’s not like it was a high dollar knife, but I really did like it – everything about it. Also, I had just got it the way I like it – smooth opening, the blade lock worked really great. I could open it with one hand (thumb stud) easily.
It just really bums me out knowing I lost it and someone had an early Christmas / birthday.

Anyway, I have a Ka-Bar Gila coming in tomorrow and I’ll see if it can/will take the place of the Ferox. I’m hoping I’ll be happy with the K2 Gila, but I’m not holding my breath on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment