Saturday, July 23, 2011

Truck Update–07/22/11

So, here is an update on my truck.

Today, I took it to the shop just to have them check it out, get the list of parts they needed to order and be on my way.
Fat Chance..
Once I got there and the guy looked at it, he said it was unsafe to drive since the airbag had been deployed. I’ve been driving the thing since the accident and I guess he doesn’t remember BEFORE there were airbags in vehicles.

Anyway, he said the other person’s insurance would pay for my rental and all I had to do is go pick it up at Enterprise.
At first, I was just going to let him look at it and then leave, but decided to leave me truck with them. I had my wife come pick me up and take me just up the road to get the paperwork started at Enterprise and then went and got something to eat while State Farm fax over the paperwork for my rental.

I got a call while we were at lunch telling me I could come by and pick up my rental truck. I need a truck or an SUV with enough space to haul the things I need to take with me to other offices.

I left my truck around 10:30 to 11:00 am. Got to the first Enterprise place just after 11:00 (I took time to get a lot of stuff out of my truck and put in my wife’s Explorer – I had already taken a lot out of my truck (valuables) before I went.

After leaving the restaurant, we went to another Enterprise location just down the road from our house.
I don’t know if you have ever had any dealing with Enterprise Rent A Car, but I can assure you they are NOT the fastest company to deal with. The last time I dealt with them, all I had to do was to just drop off a vehicle and it took an hour and a half. I went at lunch (the time MOST people go to pick up a rental) and 1 person was there to handle everyone. the other 2 were at lunch. I know this because the person that started my paperwork left to go to lunch in the middle of it.

This time wasn’t TOO bad. I was there probably just over 30 minutes.

State Farm agreed to pay for my rental (they had to because their insured person was at fault) and I require a full size pickup.
The only thing I requested was NOT to be put in a Chevrolet. I ended up in a Dodge Ram 1500 SLT2 with unlimited mileage. Good, because at any given day, I’m just as likely to drive from Columbus, GA to Tallahassee, FL to Dothan, AL to Albany, GA to Panama City, FL.
Those are the offices I cover.

IMG-20110722-00032

IMG-20110722-00030IMG-20110722-00031

Automatic transmission, 4 doors, power windows, power back sliding glass, power everything V8 Flex Fuel, and a folding bench seat in the front and a full bench seat in the back, power door locks and that funny rubber non-key.
One thing I don’t care for on this truck is the chrome and it doesn’t have side step bars to get into it.

It’s not MY Ford F-150, but I’ll make do.. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment